On BellaVista.ngo, you'll have opportunities to use Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools. Read these Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
1. What are the social media tools on BellaVista.ngo?
2. How do I start using Facebook on BellaVista.ngo?
3. How do I start using Twitter on BellaVista.ngo?
4. Whose activity will I see in Facebook modules on BellaVista.ngo?
5. How do I stop seeing personalized activity in the Facebook modules?
6. How does my BellaVista.ngo profile overlap with my Facebook profile?
Connecting With Facebook
7. How do I connect my Facebook account to my BellaVista.ngo account?
8. How is my BellaVista.ngo activity used on Facebook?
9. Will all of my BellaVista.ngo activity appear on Facebook?
10. How do I disconnect my Facebook account from my BellaVista.ngo account?
11. I have two BellaVista.ngo accounts — one that's connected to Facebook and one that is not. How do I change which account is connected to Facebook?
Data Storage and Privacy
15. Do you store my Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn data?
16. When I comment on an BellaVista.ngo article, will my comment appear on Facebook or Twitter?
17. How do I stop sharing my BellaVista.ngo activities on Facebook or Twitter?
18. Who can see my BellaVista.ngo activity?
19. How do I "opt out" of all social media tools on BellaVista.ngo?
We welcome your comments. Please contact us at social [at] bellavista.ngo.
BellaVista.ngo offers many ways to share content across your social networks. If you're a regular visitor to BellaVista.ngo, you may be familiar with the options to share articles with various tools and post links and comments to Twitter.
On BellaVista.ngo, social media tools may appear throughout the site, as well as a post/ article tool with will be found above or below various articles and posts. These items will make it easier for your to share or promote the page, article or post which you are viewing.
If you already have a Facebook account, just click the "Log In" link on top right corner of the BellaVista.ngo website and then click on the Facebook icon:
After you connect to Facebook, you'll be able to click "Recommend on Facebook" links throughout BellaVista.ngo, and you will be able to see what your Facebook friends are recommending on BellaVista.ngo.
If you don't have a Facebook account, simply log in to BellaVista.ngo as you normally would and look for links that allow you to recommend items or use social media. You'll be prompted to make the necessary connections when you're ready.
Note that even if you don't connect your Facebook account to your BellaVista.ngo account, you'll still see aggregate activity from the Facebook community in the Facebook modules. These links can help you discover new content on BellaVista.ngo and see what others around the world are recommending.
To post to Twitter from BellaVista.ngo, click a "Twitter" link on any page. Look for this link in the tools area, where you'll also find links such as "Email" and "Print."
In the Facebook modules on the BellaVista.ngo home page and on article pages, you'll see the latest activity in your network. Here's how we define "activity in your network":
- If you have connected your Facebook account to your BellaVista.ngo account and you are currently logged in to BellaVista.ngo, you'll see your Facebook friends' activity, if any exists. You'll also see aggregate Facebook activity from all BellaVista.ngo users, showing you suggested reading and what's being recommended right now.
- If you are not currently logged in to BellaVista.ngo, you'll see only aggregate activity from the larger Facebook community.
- You will never see individual activity from Facebook users you do not know, and your individual activity will not be displayed to Facebook users you do not know.
To temporarily hide the activity in your network, log out of BellaVista.ngo. To permanently hide the activity, disconnect your accounts as described in How do I disconnect my Facebook account from my BellaVista.ngo account?
When you connect your BellaVista.ngo account to your Facebook account, we will import your Facebook picture and user name into your BellaVista.ngo account.
To Login with Facebook, if you already have a Facebook account, just click the "Log In" link on top right corner of the BellaVista.ngo website and then click on the Facebook icon. If you do not yet have an BellaVista.ngo account, we'll create one using your Facebook account. See also How do I start using Facebook on BellaVista.ngo?
When you recommend BellaVista.ngo items, they are posted to your Facebook Wall, just like any other item you share on Facebook. Your Facebook friends will see items you have recommended, subject to the privacy settings you have selected on Facebook.
No. Only your Facebook recommendations will appear on Facebook, if you have linked your BellaVista.ngo account to your Facebook account and have explicitly shared items on Facebook. Your ratings, reviews and other public actions will be visible on BellaVista.ngo only.
To disconnect your Facebook account from your BellaVista.ngo account, first make sure you are logged in to BellaVista.ngo. Then click this button:
After you have disconnected your accounts, your Facebook activity and friends will no longer appear in the Facebook modules on BellaVista.ngo. You can reconnect your accounts at any time.
First, disconnect the account that's currently connected to Facebook: see How do I disconnect my Facebook account from my BellaVista.ngo account?
Then log in to BellaVista.ngo with the account that you want to connect with Facebook, and click "Log In With Facebook" again.
To Login with Twitter, if you already have a Twitter account, just click the "Log In" link on top right corner of the BellaVista.ngo website and then click on the Twitter icon. If you aren't already signed in to your account, a pop-up window will appear and prompt you to sign in. After signing in, the draft of a Twitter post will auto populate with the article title and a link.
Please note, the pop-up window is a twitter.com page. Bella Vista International will not have access to your Twitter credentials.
No. Only your Tweets from BellaVista.ngo (created by clicking a "Twitter" link on BellaVista.ngo) will appear on Twitter. Your recommendations, ratings, reviews and other public actions will be visible on BellaVista.ngo only. (Recommendations will also appear on Facebook, if you have linked your BellaVista.ngo account to your Facebook account and have explicitly shared items on Facebook. No other actions will appear on Facebook.)
- Registration via Third-Party Tools: You can sign up for an BellaVista.ngo account by using third-party login credentials, such as your Facebook account information. This single sign-on service allows you to associate your existing third-party profile with an BellaVista.ngo account. As part of this process, BellaVista.ngo may access certain information contained in your third-party profile, such as your screen name and your profile picture.
- User-Generated Content and Public Activities: We offer opportunities for you to engage in public activities on BellaVista.ngo, including submitting comments, recommendations, reader reviews and ratings in a number of areas throughout BellaVista.ngo. Any information you disclose in your public activities, along with your screen name and any image or photo, becomes public and may be used by Bella Vista International. Your public activities may also be read and collected by other users of the public activity areas on BellaVista.ngo. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
When you create an BellaVista.ngo account with Facebook or link/verify an existing BellaVista.ngo account to your Facebook or LinkedIn account, The Times will store select profile information about you (such as your user name and photo) if you have explicitly authorized us to do so during the login or linking process.
The Times abides by the data retention guidelines of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
No. Only the items you recommend on Facebook will appear on Facebook. Only the items you post to Twitter will appear on Twitter.
To stop sharing BellaVista.ngo items on Facebook or Twitter, simply stop recommending items on Facebook or stop posting items to Twitter. Your other activity (such as commenting on an article or rating a movie) will never appear on Facebook or Twitter.
When you connect with Facebook, your Facebook privacy settings (such as share only with friends, share with friends of friends, or share with everyone) will control the visibility of your BellaVista.ngo recommendations on Facebook and among your Facebook friends who use BellaVista.ngo.
No one can see your BellaVista.ngo activity (beyond inherently public activity such as commenting on an article) if you do not use the social media tools on BellaVista.ngo and do not connect your BellaVista.ngo account to Facebook.
You are not required to use any social media tools on BellaVista.ngo, but social media options will continue to appear on the site even if you do not use them. Please consider the following options as you use BellaVista.ngo:
- If you do not connect your BellaVista.ngo account to Facebook, your activity on BellaVista.ngo will never appear on those networks.
- Your Facebook privacy settings (such as share only with friends, share with friends of friends, or share with everyone) control the visibility of your BellaVista.ngo recommendations on Facebook and among your Facebook friends who use BellaVista.ngo.
- To disconnect your BellaVista.ngo and Facebook accounts, see How do I disconnect my Facebook account from my BellaVista.ngo account?
- When you are logged out of Facebook and logged out of BellaVista.ngo, your activity will not be visible on either site.
Not explicitly. But if you make recommendations and use the social media tools on BellaVista.ngo, other people will see your shared activity (subject to your Facebook privacy settings, if you have logged in with Facebook).